“Illusion is an anodyne, bred by the gap between wish and reality.” - Herman Wouk

You know how it is...Memorial Day is long gone...the 4th of July is still a few weeks off...you're in the mood for a holiday...so you invent one. Thus, in this new found spirit of nonsensical holiday creation, I give you Vena Cava week! Celebrating this holiday is simple...on Tuesday, you stop by the Gap and pick up one of the printed khaki dresses that they created as part of this year's Gap/CFDA collaboration...then, later in the week, you swing by Vena Cava's sample sale. Cupcakes or some other sugary foodstuff can probably be worked into the celebration at some point...the seasonal libation will, of course, be some kind of cava.Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • 3:50 AM
    I am definitely going to pick up that dress tomorrow, assuming I can find it in my size.
  • Hebden said...
    5:55 AM
    Good luck! Hope you get it...to me it's by far the nicest piece.
  • 1:52 AM
    I did get this dress, but now I'm contemplating whether or not to keep it. It is very lovely, but the heavy canvas fabric seems to wrinkle easily. It also seems like the seams at the armpits might be prone to being torn. I've had to carefully inspect a few dresses before picking one that is in pristine condition.

    Oh well, I'll think about it for a few days and wear it around the house to see how it feels. It is rare for me to keep anything that I am iffy about, but there is so much about the dress that I do like, which makes it hard to let go.
  • Hebden said...
    9:59 AM
    Thanks for the update...I think I'd be torn as well (though I'm generally a little wrinkled so I don't think that would be a deal breaker for me, the quality issues on the other hand...)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...