Things that go bump in...London

Our plane touched down a little while ago and, as I am stuck on my sofa, I thought I would do a quick post...but why am I am glued to the upholstery you ask? Well, it's a long story so I hope you're sitting comfortably.

We landed in London early last Wednesday morning and took the train in from the airport. It was a lovely day so we decided to walk across town to our hotel. Once we'd checked in my husband took a nap and I made what turned out to be a very bad decision and went for a short walk. I'd been striding along for about 10 minutes and was around Picadilly Circus when I realized that something was wrong...I felt...dizzy and slightly disorientated. I had two options in front of me a) sitting down on the pavement or b) walking a short distance to Uniqlo. Incorrectly, I chose option b.

I remember walking through the door...I remember feeling even more dizzy...then I remember nothing until I saw an ambulanceman staring down at me and a very concerned shopper in the background...then nothing till I was in the ambulance...I kept getting asked if I knew what day it was and the name of the prime minister...an oxygen mask was given to me...darkness enclosed me again...and this time I woke up in the emergency room...more people asked me what day it was...my head hurt...I was carted away for a CT scan...

I ended up being wheeled to a ward where I spent the night and the majority of the following day. I had a seizure (no one is quite sure why)...lost consciousness for five minutes...hit my head on the floor so hard that I still have a pretty sizeable lump and managed to burst the blood vessels in my left ear-drum...

I'll be doing some fashion related posts in the next couple of days...concussion meant I was moving slowly but I still managed to hit a few things (apart from the floor in Uniqlo). This post is really just to say thank you to the London doctors, nurses, and ambulancemen...it's unlikely that any of you will hit upon this blog but your compassion was much appreciated.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • mavieenrose said...
    10:40 PM
    Holy cow...
    I'm so sorry your trip turned out to be such a disaster. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Anonymous said...
    9:39 AM
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you'll be up and well soon!
  • Hebden said...
    8:14 PM
    Thanks to you both!

    I feel like a cautionary tale told to children..."The Woman Who Passed Out in Uniqlo"...
  • Unknown said...
    1:10 PM
    sorry to hear about the accident, Kate. I am glad you are ok!!

    Meha
  • Anonymous said...
    2:34 PM
    Um,
    Give me a call.
    Nina

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...