"It was said of old Sarah, Duchess of Marlborough, that she never puts dots over her I s, to save ink." - Horace Walpole

What do you give that perennial pain in the posterior, the "person who has everything"? (Apart, that is, from dirty looks and muttered imprecations.) Well...how about a dot? Or, go all out, be lavish...splurge...give them six dots (and support art conservation while you do so).

That's what The Art Institute of Chicago is offering with their "Adopt a Dot" program. The dots in question are part of Georges Seurat’s A Sunday on La Grande Jatte. The recipient of your gift gets a pin featuring their dot color...and a card describing the location of their dot. You get the glow of satisfaction that comes from finding an inexpensive, yet unique, gift.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • mina said...
    3:07 PM
    hi, I like your blog!! saw you where active on lookbook and was wondering if you would invite me? would do me a great favor! my email is m.kara.m@live.nl

    check my blog if you want to know what i'm about !

    many thanks,
    mk
  • site said...
    11:40 AM
    Oh my god, there is really much helpful info here!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...