We love labels...

"We love labels. We really do--as a society, I mean. It's so much easier to understand the world around us if we name it, tie it down, and distance ourselves from the parts we don't like." - unknown

I'm not sure if parents still label their off-spring's school uniforms with their names or whether it's considered horribly old fashioned and the children just have to fend for themselves. All I know is that...lurking in the depths of my sewing basket...is a packet of tags, embroidered with my full name. My mother obviously bought in bulk and I've kept them because a) I'm a terrible hoarder, b) they take up very little space so I forget that they're still there until I start digging around trying to find a loose button or exotically colored piece of thread (i.e. something other than black, white, or navy).

They're a memento of my childhood...but essentially useless...and I'd swop them in a second for Antoni & Alison's versions...."I'm imagining things" and "Don't spend any more money" being much more helpful to me at this point in my life...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Quinroxanne said...
    4:05 AM
    Cool labels..I used to use stuffs like this way back when I was a kid. Though I don't do it now,(too old for labels)I like it if put in shirts. Cool.
  • cufflinks said...
    7:10 AM
    I must admit this takes me bag to my younger days!

    In fact since seing this article it has made me search high and low to find out where they have been hidden away!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...