"...the lonely waste of the pinewoods..."

"If thou fill thy brain with Boston and New York, with fashion and covetousness, and wilt stimulate thy jaded senses with wine and French coffee, thou shalt find no radiance of wisdom in the lonely waste of the pinewoods" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I realize that 1930's shades of green nail polish have been de rigeur for months now...and that by this point everyone is thoroughly jaded (oh, puns...how I love thee)...but the combination of my lack of enthusiasm for nail varnish during the warmer weather...and my addiction to the inky depths of Chanel's Blue Satin since the temperatures dropped...has caused me to refrain from trying any of the shades on offer. Until I spotted this duo lurking in Urban Outfitters...part 1930's socialite...part 1950's bathroom suite...and, at $5 a piece (and 30% off), definitely worth a try.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Megan said...
    6:27 PM
    I too love that shade of green from Urban! I bought it during the summer and several ppl commented abt how it changed their perception of wearing green nailpolish...and so cheap!
  • annemarie said...
    7:42 PM
    Divine decadence!
  • 1:49 AM
    The one on the right really does resemble the Chanel jade polish. I've been looking for something like it without paying the outrageous prices...thanks!
  • What namely you're saying is a terrible blunder.
  • Anonymous said...
    2:03 AM

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...