"Spock was the sex symbol. A lot of people think it was Kirk. But, no, it was really Spock." - Jolene Blalock

Up until this point I can honestly say that I hadn't spent a great deal of time considering the pros and cons of elf ears. You either had them...and were therefore, in all likelihood, an actual elf (of either the menacingly maniacal or distinctly non-intellectual variety)...or you didn't. Elf prosthetics were kept, at best, for misguided forays into "seasonal dressing" (i.e. the St. Patrick's Day leprechaun, a Halloween hobgoblin, or one of Santa's assorted minions).

Now I find myself smitten by a pair of pointy ears...albeit ones encrusted in sparkle by Erickson Beamon...thankfully the insane impulse to buy them is being held in check by the sort of price tag that would make the king of the elves shudder...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • kristophine said...
    1:38 PM
    Oh, I KNOW, right? On the one hand I'm going, "Jeweled elf-ears." On the other hand, JEWELED ELF-EARS. And, on the final and most important hand, five hundred bucks. It kills me. I can only hope for knock-offs.
  • Hebden said...
    2:57 PM
    Knock-offs...or massive reductions come the sales (because I have to question how many people are going to buy these at full price).

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...