Finders keepers...

I knew there was a reason I don't buy things on's the same as why I don't go to many thrift stores...other people find cool items that defy belief...whereas my radar seems to be set to "crap". Actually to be fair, it's 99% crap...the other 1% being something beautiful but way too expensive considering it's essentially secondhand.

I bring this up because I just finished trolling eBay for leather dresses. Being smitten (along with a good portion of the fashion blogging community) by Acne's leather dress but being unwilling to stump up the cash. I should have realized that searching for leather goods would have pulled up every fetish / bondage / pull-me-in-stick-me-out dress known to mankind...I should have, but I didn't. After about ten pages of Elvira hairdos and surgically enhanced breasts (which would have been fine later in the day but I've just finished breakfast) I came across this woven leather pinafore dress from Bottaga Veneta. Gorgeous but $1, I said, I find crap or something that requires a second mortgage, nothing in between.


Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    11:15 PM
    It IS beautiful though!
  • romaniagrl said...
    7:27 AM
  • 5:20 AM
    It can't succeed in fact, that's what I believe.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...