If a tree falls...

Since, well forever, I have been a flat shoe girl. For multiple reasons...I walk a lot...I prize comfort...I'm 5'11" in bare feet, so do I really need additional height...but mainly, let's be honest, because I have possibly the worst sense of balance known to mankind. Seriously, anything above a kitten heel and I'm wobbling like a sapling in a strong breeze. But, you know how it is...just when you swear you will never, ever, ever wear such-and-such a thing you come across a version that has your name plastered all over it and you succumb.

Well, that's what happened with me and a pair of grey Oxford style ankle boots from Anthropologie. The sensible portion of my brain has been murmuring that I'll never be able to walk in them...the other 95% has been screaming "Buy them!". And so, I did. I'm telling myself that the rubber sole will give me the comfort factor I'm looking for and that the wedge isn't really like a heel at all...more of a steep incline...and overall, yes, I'm justifying like crazy. As they won't ship for another week or so I'm, vaguely and probably futiley, hoping that the brainstorm will pass and they can be returned but I have a horrible feeling that the sidewalks are going to become a lot more dangerous as I try to master these suckers.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • 6:15 PM
    Wow! I love these shoes. I, too, am a tried and true flats girl but these are certainly tempting. One of my fall resolutions (is there such a thing?) is to wear more heels. I always love the way they look on other people. I just hope to survive the season with both ankles in tact. Also, don't you hate the way you can only grab those tiny little pictures from Anthropologie's new site?
  • Hebden said...
    8:06 PM
    Yes, Anthro's "site improvements" aren't doing much for me...not that it's bad enough to have stopped me buying anything...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...