“I'm interested in people on the fringe, ordinary people who have to deal with extraordinary things.” - David Heyman

Thanks to my recent splurges at the sales it will be a case of "look, but don't touch" for the near future. Which I'm not complaining about...not one little bit...until, that is, I see something like this Martin Margiela fringe necklace from the upcoming Fall/Winter collection that I stumbled across on La Garconne (I'm not even going to get into the fact that I don't really have any urge to see winter clothing when the temperature has finally got to the insufferably humid and sticky point...the only thing that a sweater makes me think at the moment is 'hot'). The necklace was black...and fringy...and looked like just the thing to jazz up lots of different outfits. It was, naturally, not inexpensive though so I clicked away before any damage could be done.

When I ventured back to the site...not because I am a complete glutton for punishment but I'd realized that I could probably do a reasonable "interpretation" of the necklace myself quite cheaply...it was gone. Obviously someone who was equally smitten had said "credit card debt be damned" or something similar and had snapped it up.

So now I'm faced with a new DIY project...after a trip to the fabric store and (hopefully) locating some slightly larger/clearer pictures to work from.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    8:08 PM
    I hope you'll post the results of this DIY project!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...