“We provide the grease that turns the wheels of capitalism” - Robert Bright

Much as I like the distressed denim shorts from Alexander Wang's Fall/Winter collection...okay, I admit, they remind me of a pair that I wore to a New Year's Eve party many moons ago and therefore fall under the "nostalgic lusts" category...I was surprised when I received the attached e-mail from Satine Boutique.

I can't help but wonder, is the demand really that large for $300 denim shorts? Doesn't this completely go against the trend of buying well-made classics in times of financial worry?

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    9:51 AM
    I don't know -- shorts can be worn for a long time. I've had two pairs of cargo pants that I've worn for more than 6 years! I definitely don't think I paid so much for them, but if you can stretch something out for five years or more, it's worth it. I'd rather do that than buy a new cheap pair each year and end up with them in a landfill at the end of the season.
  • Elizabeth said...
    11:10 AM
    I guess if you love them, then $300 doesn't matter. They might be your version of a well-made classic if you're wearing them day in and day out.
  • site said...
    8:19 AM
    Well, I do not really imagine this is likely to work.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...