"And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her..."

"And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: / The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble, / And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men." - the Bible

I mentioned previously that my beloved Wondergoop (aka a leave-in conditioner that made my hair look less like pale straw and more like purposefully tousled hair) had been withdrawn from production. Thanks, as Blanche DuBois might have said, to "the kindness of strangers" I have several partially used bottles in my possession but I knew that however sparingly I used them I was going to run out relatively soon so I wanted to start an immediate search for a replacement product (working under the assumption that it would take forever).

Imagine my surprise when I found a successful stand-in straight out of the box...and from the drugstore (and therefore about a third of the price of Wondergoop)...courtesy of Aveeno.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • annemarie said...
    6:54 AM
    I have very curly hair, so it's naturally dry and coarse and there's nowt much I can do about it. For years I didn't use anything but olive oil because any serum I tried was sticky and heavy and VERY expensive because I need to use so much of it.

    Then Frederic Fekkai came along...

    Cannot recommend their glazes and glossing creams highly enough. I'm still in shock, one year later, at how flippin' amazing they are. A-MAZ-ING.

    When you run out of the replacement product, try FF. That's all.
  • Elizabeth said...
    9:32 AM
    How lucky for you!
  • site said...
    5:34 PM
    This can't work in fact, that is exactly what I consider.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...