Cause and effect...

"Lacking ladylike poison, Lizzie (Borden) did what every over-civilized, understated Wasp is entirely capable of doing once we finally admit we're mad as hell and aren't going to take it any more: She went from Anglo to Saxon in a trice" - Florence King

Prada's Spring/Summer '10 collection didn't thrill me...frequent readers will know that I'm a shorts hater and the combination of nappiesque and Bermuda versions was too much for me...the hair and make-up, on the other hand, had the disheveled yet ladylike air that I find completely irresistible.

I see ludicrous amounts of backcombing and a can of hairspray in my near future...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    10:51 AM
    I dug that hair, too. I kept wondering if 43 was too old for that look.
  • Hebden said...
    11:49 AM
    I honestly don't think so...I think it's one of those styles that can look very lolita but, with a little tweak, can be very "grown-up chic". Actually, thinking about it, I'm 99.9% sure that Audrey Hepburn had a similar style for the opening of Charade...
  • annemarie said...
    1:39 PM
    I think it's suitable for all ages. The young ones look cute with the hair mussed up, while the mature woman looks glamorous and sexy, but not like she gives a shit.
  • JOWY said...
    3:31 AM
    Lovin everything of thid pic, especially the light eyebrows and the fantastic red lips.

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...