"He's aware that games can be won or lost in the trenches." - Al Lang

Considering that I personally have two Barbours hanging in the coat closet...a regular jacket and a full-length riding coat (not to mention Mr. Heb's mini collection)...this is definitely not a prospective purchase post...more of a "what a great idea, I wish they'd thought of this sooner" post. Because what's not to love about a Barbour trench coat? Waterproof to the nth degree...stylish...and virtually indestructible (my own coats have been treated incredibly badly over the years and are still going strong)...when you compare it to the majority of other trench coats which, though beautiful, seem unable to actually withstand a certain amount of rain it's one of those irresistible marriages of practicality and good looks.

I'd better stop now before I talk myself into "needing" a new Barbour...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • annemarie said...
    9:43 AM
    Are all Barbours still made in England, do you know? Because I have been seeing lots of them on various discount shopping sites and wondering if they've begun to import them from China. I am a sucker for the provenance that comes with old labels, but always feel that they are cheating when they begin outsourcing like that.
  • Hebden said...
    9:01 PM
    Well...according to their website..."Today Barbour's headquarters are still in Simonside, South Shields. Although it sources products from around the globe, Barbour's classic wax jackets are still manufactured by hand in the factory in Simonside".
  • annemarie said...
    10:29 PM
    Hmph. So they widen their profit margins by exploiting the "cheap labor" (human workers, that is) opportunities in Asia and still get to use their "classic" reputation to exploit consumer loyalty to the brand-- win, win!
    I guess they're all doing it now. We need a revolution. This stuff breaks my liberal bleeding-heart.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:01 AM
    That's a great-looking coat. Now if they'd only do it in a color I can actually wear.
  • theguildedpage said...
    6:29 PM
    This will not have effect as a matter of fact, that's what I suppose.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...