It's not you...it's me...

Or is it?

I'm trying to decide if blogging has made me unutterably jaded...or if, to date, the Spring/Summer '10 collections have really been (in the majority of cases) as yawn inducing as I currently imagine. Discounting Karen Walker...whose collection I could take a good stab at recreating thanks to the morass of striped tees and black blazers currently infesting my closet...the only sight that made me yearn for spring were Charles Anastase's hoop skirts...

Even worse, my built-in attraction to the dark side is causing me to panic at the thought of the pastel tsunami that is destined to wash over us all come the spring...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • annemarie said...
    8:05 AM
    Have been catching up on your posts and I have things to say about all of them!

    In order:

    1. I love Joseph. As a kid growing up in Ireland in the 80s, my mother's glamorous friend Gladys would go to London expressly to shop at Joseph. She had the perfume and everything. I longed to be a grown-up and shop there one day. Many years later, broke and awaiting green card status, I would go into the Soho store in NYC and find fantastic things on the 70% off rail. They shut it down last year, unfortunately (just when I have a proper income too-- curses), and I don't know if they reopened elsewhere, and I don't live in NYC any more anyway (I'm in the midwest-- zero chance of Joseph coming here). Am thus very happy about the website. And that model is indeed a Carine copy.

    2. What a strange quote. How could American women actually be pitched above English women in terms of style? James Laver is a dick. Nice jacket btw.

    3. French Grazia! Had no idea!

    4. I'm a vegetarian who did NOT support the ban-hunting movement. I thought it was just a bunch of middle class city-dwellers whose conception of "the country" was basically a bucolic parkland in which they could build a second home as a weekend retreat, thus destroying local economies, clogging roads, and disrupting the fabric of social life there. Love the scarf btw.

    5. Have not been paying attention. But if it's ice-cream colors, I'm with you. I basically wear the same things in the summer anyway, only less of them.
  • WendyB said...
    9:55 AM
    I love the idea of a hoop skirt! Fun.
  • Elizabeth said...
    5:14 PM
    Heb, you can safely ignore pastels in spring. I certainly do.
  • S. said...
    5:52 PM
    I am actually glad o see some colour even if I'm not wearing it, it does give the herd something else to follow...
  • site said...
    7:11 AM
    Pretty helpful material, much thanks for this article.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...