Hell for leather?

My Sunday morning troll through the virtual newspapers uncovered a generalization of such sweeping proportions that I dropped a bit of Pop Tart (hot chocolate with marshmallow flavor for those who are detail oriented). The piece in question, from The Guardian, suggested that "it is almost impossible to wear leather without looking like a has-been rock star" and that a leather bomber jacket, dress, tights, and ankle boots is "difficult to pull off if you are over 30". I must say, of all the leather options out there, some of them admittedly pretty dodgy, a bomber jacket seems one of the most wearable, regardless of age...though I admit that I'm probably biased regarding the bomber jacket as I love my H&M pleather version and, perhaps misguidedly, think it works with a lot of outfits.

And, as far as the "has-been rockstar" issue...I think that both Queen Michelle and The Coveted have shown the lie to that statement...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Queen Michelle said...
    7:11 AM
    How dare us over 30's wear tights, ankle boots and a leather dress. It's criminal! What a load of old tosh!!! I am the first to question what's age appropriate, and whilst I agree that leather trousers are veering into Tom Jones territory, leather dresses, bomber jackets and such like are not exclusively for the under 30's. The new leather dress shapes are exceptionally wearable and flatter even us without nubile 20-something limbs.
  • 2:20 PM
    Oh, I read that too! Pffft, I'll carry on wearing my leather bomber as much as I like thank you very much The Guardian!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...