The little beetle that could…

When I previously mentioned Philip Lim’s holiday collection I didn’t touch upon the accessories…not because I didn’t like them…but because I know that whereas you may be able to find plenty of stores that ordered a designer’s clothes it’s sometimes hard to find the little things...and it can be insanely frustrating to see a picture of something and then not be able to find anyone who actually sells it. But, as I’ve managed to find retailers for a couple of the items, I feel confident that I won’t be creating an unscratchable itch.

For some reason Christmas, to Lim, says beetles...I’m not sure why, but it does make a pleasant change from snowmen, holly, or the other assorted standards. The beetles in question are created from peacock feather and beads and appliquéd onto silk headbands or turned into brooches. My mother was convinced that peacock feathers were unlucky...once again, I’m not sure why, and it’s something that I only discovered after I had followed a couple of peacocks around for a few hours and picked up several discarded feathers (ah, childhood). If you’re not superstitious, or just want to push your luck, either piece will add a luxurious, dark, 1920’s quality to the upcoming festivities.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    2:13 PM
    Weird! That first belt in the accessory slide show, I picked up for a dollar thrifting! It's red and has no chain at the back, but it's probably the closest I will get to these gorgeous things. *___*
  • Hebden said...
    12:50 PM
    Great find, congratulations!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...