Do you want fries with that?

Even though I may, on occasion, silently curse the sheer number of ads in certain magazines I do tend to enjoy browsing through them. I love what they provide me with...the ability to see detailed shots of some of the clothes or handbags I had my eye on...a chance to gain a sense of the woman that the designer sees wearing their clothes (and her lifestyle)...

But the ads for Marc Jacobs' Spring/Summer collection just confuses me. I like Juergen Teller's photography but why would a shot of writer/director Harmony Korine tucking into fast food like he hasn't eaten for a week induce me to spend vast sums of money on clothes? Join Weight Watchers, maybe. But shop? Not so much.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • The Spicers said...
    4:56 PM
    I didn't see this one, but saw the one where he's with a young black girl, and was puzzled by it just the same.
  • 7:04 PM
    It is odd, isn't it? No sense of even a lifestyle insight here...LLG xx

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...