"This diamond has so many carats it's almost a turnip." - Richard Burton

I've discovered a decidedly unhealthy side-effect which occurs after reading too much French Vogue...a sudden desire for massive (real) gems, which should (of course) be worn with laid-back clothing in an insouciant "I don't give a damn" kind of way. The kind of jewelry which is, of course, out of the question unless I win the lottery.

Probably because it is so stratospherically out of my league, I can get a childlike enjoyment from clicking around on Boucheron's interactive eBoutique...and have inner dialogues like, ”no, I want the diamonds there and the rubies over there”. Of course, according to Mr. Heb I’m such a nerd I can get excited over pushing the buttons on the automated check-out machine at the hardware store so you may want to take my previous statement with a pinch of salt as far as the entertainment value goes. I did get some temporary relief from my new-found craving though...in the shape of a ruby, sapphire, and emerald encrusted Secret Ring...a snip at $30,400 (who am I kidding?)...yet too virtual to be completely satisfying.

Time for a little Do-It-Yourself...combined foraging in my jewelry and sewing boxes yielded a gold chain, thread, and some "rocks" which, when tied together, provided a quick-fix for my gem lust. At least, until I win the lottery...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • site said...
    7:02 AM
    Goodness, there is a lot of useful data here!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...