The unkindest cut of all...

When I was about ten...and a tomboy...I lusted after a penknife. With monotonous regularity I would submit my request and, with equally monotonous regularity I would be told "no, you'll cut yourself".

Then, one magical day, I was given a mother-of-pearl handled fruit-knife.

As you've probably guessed, there was a "fruit based incident" and, in my excitement over being able to slice an apple in bed, I plunged the knife into the fleshy part of my palm. Of course, I neglected to mention the incident to my parents (because, well, no one likes a know-it-all) but I still bear the scar, both physically and apparently mentally.

Which you'd think would have put me off small, sharp, instruments...but no. When I saw this Whittling Kit all I could think was that it could potentially be the greatest stocking stuffer of all time. Five pieces of wood, a small knife, and a one-page instructional guide...who could ask for anything more? Plus, when I run out of wood I could try to emulate the crayon carving shown below. And, if an accident should occur, I have a good excuse to use one of the Swarovski Band Aids I mentioned earlier in the week.

As they said in the A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together".

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...