“Assent -- and you are sane -- , demur -- you're straightway dangerous -- , and handled with a Chain.” - Emily Dickinson

Though it reminds me of the kind of protective garments worn by knights of yore when they were getting ready for a little pillaging or dragon slaying...and I find the party-ish styling of the images that I found extremely off-putting...there's something appealing about Haute Hippies ring dress. I think it's because I imagine it worn for wandering aimlessly around on a warm summer's day...with a wife-beater underneath...some beaten-up ankle boots...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    11:48 AM
    Agreed - and the way you describe styling it appeals WAY more than the black tights and shoes in the photo.
  • 11:02 PM
    I saw this in person the other day. It is one cool dress, but quite heavy...almost a glam kind of chain mail.
  • WendyB said...
    11:38 PM
    Worthy of my Golden Girls Gang.
  • Anonymous said...
    4:08 PM
    This is excellent - I love that it manages to mix sequins AND chain mail, somehow!
  • 9:50 AM
    Really effective data, thank you for the article.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...