"...like a Parisian punkette..."

“(It's) like a Parisian punkette. You know, originally the punk (were) English so it's the French version of punk which means a kind of bourgeois. A little chic, elegant and (some kind of) accident (can) happen,” - Jean-Paul Gaultier

Photobucket


I'm trying to decide if there's any truth to the old maxim "you can't go back"...because I find myself faced with a sudden yearning for some Doc Martens...either a zip-fronted style or something zippy in patent or even something with a Scottish flavor...yet I can't help but remember my previous foray into Doc-dom (late teens/early twenties) when I wore them on an almost daily basis...and wonder on the wisdom of "going back"?

I'm vacillating...between concern that personal style should evolve over time and Docs have (up till now) been firmly associated with a different period in my life (and certainly a different look)...and the knowledge that Doc Martens themselves have evolved (these are not the punk-ish bovver boots that I remember).

Any thoughts? Am I over-thinking this or do I have a point (however oblique) and should the search continue for a non-Doc boot?

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    6:54 PM
    i'm all about the docs.
    i don't consider it regressing. i consider it acknowledging and appreciating a good thing. if i've gotten to the point in my life where i can wear docs with items from yohji yamamoto or cdg, or dries van noten, then i absolutely consider that evolving! ;)
  • Spiralz said...
    7:11 PM
    i agree with editor. its not regression at all! docs have evolved and you integrate them so well with so many looks. go get yourself some docs!
  • WendyB said...
    9:03 PM
    I like the patent!
  • Anonymous said...
    8:08 AM
    I say go for it. The shoes have changed and so have you. You certainly won't WEAR them like you did back then ...
  • Hebden said...
    2:22 PM
    Thanks everyone...I think I was (WAY) over-thinking this and just needed to talk it out...now I need to decide what style to try...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...