"The talkative parrot..."

“Much talking is the cause of danger. Silence is the means of avoiding misfortune. The talkative parrot is shut up in a cage. Other birds, without speech, fly freely about.” - Saskya Pandita

My first thought when I saw this 1940's sable cage stole was, not unnaturally, Susie Bubble...as her cage-y outfits are a joy to behold. My second thought was how much dress-up fun could be had with it. Followed closely by a third...what weather could this be worn in? I know...I'm too practical...I should embrace the whimsy and move on...but fur suggests winter (or, at the very least, an appreciable chill in the air) and I don't see this particular stole offering much in the way of warmth.

Of course, my fourth thought was, I need to mute my practical inner voice...he's such a little killjoy!

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    11:23 AM
    Perfect for a chilly LA evening, actually. I think we underestimate how much warmth something can provide for those borderline temperatures. I was skeptical when I got a short-sleeved bolero (it's a jacket but with short sleeves!) and I've worn it like crazy. Just having a little something on your shoulders is all you need sometimes.
  • Elizabeth said...
    12:30 PM
    I love it, even if it's only for looks.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...