“Chocolate, men, coffee - some things are better rich” - unknown

If, like me, you enjoy the (more than occasional) mocha...and if, also like me, you realize that one too many of the aforementioned mocha and none of your skirts will fit...fret not, I think I have a solution. On a recent trip to Whole Foods Mr. Heb expressed a desire for hot chocolate...obviously he wanted to channel one of those fifties tv shows where the host sits round in a v-necked cardigan, slippers, and cravat with an avuncular expression sipping a hot beverage whilst the snow falls and he sings Christmas songs...either that, or he was thirsty.

Either way, I refuse to buy sachets of h.c. (they're usually too sweet and slightly...off...versus "real" h.c. that is) so I bought a tin of Dagoba organic hot chocolate...made with OG evaporated cane juice, OG 100% cacao powder, and OG unsweetened cacao chunks. Today, thanks to a fit of boredom, I discovered that a tablespoon or so of Dagoba's h.c. in a cup of strong-ish black coffee creates a very tasty mocha-substitute. It's not as sweet as some coffee shop versions...it's definitely an R-rated, adult mocha...but considering that a grande, no-whip, mocha from Starbucks weighs in at about 300 calories and this is probably about 40 it's a way to have your cake and eat it...or at least, have your drink and zip up your skirts.Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • S. said...
    8:11 AM
    I avoid the mocha's for that reason.. they are SO just so sickly sweet imo. But this has me intrigued. ;)
  • 12:37 PM
    Yummo! Dually noted.
  • Elizabeth said...
    8:01 PM
    That looks good enough to drink. I could go wild on that stuff.
  • 5:17 AM
    This cannot have effect in actual fact, that is what I think.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...