“If some sissy chick tried to kick my ass I would say hey, missy, go knit me a sweater before I slap you in the face!” - Eric Cartman

I had to do an update post as my Simone Shailes sweater arrived and I am, quite frankly, thrilled. I'd managed to get myself into the mindset that this was going to be one of those items that I ordered and then regretted deeply and spent time and yet more money returning...what with the quality of Topshop items sometimes being a little iffy (cough...Kate Moss collection...cough) and the sizing often having a under-sized teenager in mind as opposed to a full-grown adult.

But this is...perfect. Nice quality wool...a good fit (if anything, it's a little loose in some areas AND the sleeves are actually long enough to come down to my knuckles...a severe rarity when one is 5'11")...with the updated classic vibe that I was hoping for and assuming I wouldn't get. I may wear this all winter.

The only "issue"...actually, it's more of a question to ponder than an issue...is why the package containing the sweater was sent from the UK. As Topshop now has a "US website"...and, when it opens, will have a store in New York...I assumed that packages would come from this side of the pond. I mean, this could be the only time that I have ordered from a US website and have the potential of being hit by customs charges. Has anyone else experienced this...or was the sweater some kind of oddity that TS, in its wisdom, decided no one in the US would buy?

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    12:42 PM
    The sweater is fantastic. I haven't ordered from Topshop's site, but Boden does the same thing. They have a giant warehouse in FL, but all the merch gets shipped from the UK. Weird.
  • S. said...
    1:12 PM
    It suits your style perfectly... I feel a bit in a 'rut' at the moment and you inspire me.. your style is so quirky sometimes.. I wish I could do that.. but I can't so I am just admiring here.

    The jumper looks GREAT on you btw. And topshop has recently dropped majorly in quality so many items are now made in china..and feel rough to the touch.
  • Elizabeth said...
    7:37 PM
    I don't know. It's weird, alright. I'd hate to think if I ordered it, I'd get dinged for customs/VAT.

    I looked at that sweater twice after you mentioned it the first time, and I really liked it. I'm still debating it.
  • Hebden said...
    7:52 PM
    Sal - interesting that Boden does the same thing...I wonder why?

    Chic - thank you! And I admire the clean, chic quality that you bring to your outfits...something that I often wish I could achieve...which, I guess, proves the old adage that the grass is always greener somewhere else.
  • muebles camobel said...
    2:17 AM
    Surely, the guy is totally just.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...