"My recipe for life is not being afraid of myself, afraid of what I think or of my opinions." - Eartha Kitt


Not the happiest post for Boxing Day...or "the day after Christmas" for non-Brits...but when my Yahoo page notified me that Eartha Kitt had died (FYI Yahoo folks, this is a piece of news that should not have been placed next to "How to make Twinkies at home")...I had to post something.

Sadly not the best rendition of "I want to be evil"...my favorite Kitt song...instead, a version made slightly creepy by hair bows, a stuffed tiger, and severely limited camera angles (which I suppose makes it an average day here in Hebdenville).

And to close? A few more words to live by from Ms. Kitt..."I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma."

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    10:18 AM
    I was sad to see that news yesterday.
  • Jennifer said...
    9:42 PM
    NPR Morning Edition did a wonderful feature on Ms. Kitt on Friday. She had an amazing life story, born to a single mother with little money, trying to fight the prejudice she encountered as a biracial woman in mid-century America, becoming a well-known cabaret performer... It was nice to learn so much about a performer who I only really knew as the singer of "Santa Baby" and as Catwoman on the "Batman" TV series.
  • site said...
    5:52 AM
    This won't really have effect, I consider like this.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...