The witch or the bitch?

“A witch and a bitch always dress up for each other, because otherwise the witch would upstage the bitch, or the bitch would upstage the witch, and the result would be havoc” - Tennessee Williams

The party season is upon us...a fact that brings me both joy and misery...I love a good shindig but loathe small-talk. There's also an additional, depressing, point...when it comes to outfits...I'm not really a "dress-up" kind of girl. By that I mean that although I own sparkly things...and (faux) fur wraps...and (probably too dressy for daytime) dresses...I always feel like I have nothing to wear when it comes to parties. Or, to be more accurate, I generally feel like party dressing never reflects "me"...there's always a slight discomfort, like I'm playing dress-up.

So, with the first holiday party of the season just around the corner, my goal is to put together something vaguely festive yet reflective of my personal style...
Photobucket

I like the image that I found of China Chow...a luxe t-shirt and an ethereal skirt...you feel the personality behind the clothing. Obviously I need to raid my closet and play dress-up...hopefully I'll have some time before this weekend.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 7 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    11:32 AM
    China's look is just ideal: Dressy but fun, and 100% comfy. Hope you can assemble something similar from the closet's offerings ...
  • WendyB said...
    1:17 PM
    I wonder if China has a lot of her mom's old things. Tina Chow had amazing style.
  • Elizabeth said...
    7:51 PM
    I bet you can cobble together something really festive and uniquely "Hebden-ized." There's no chance anyone will have the same look as you.
  • 10:17 PM
    I love that look as well. It seems comfy and still very dressy. Since you have plenty of skirts, I'm sure you can come up with something. Maybe more sparkly things with your DIY magic?

    The Holiday Party Outfit is something on my mind as well. Since the party is on a Friday night right after work, I'm trying to figure out something that I can wear to work and can easily be converted to partywear.
  • Anonymous said...
    8:30 AM
    A lovely combo.....
  • miss milki said...
    8:52 AM
    Thats a gorgeous outfit - its so pretty without trying too hard
  • 10:27 AM
    So, I don't really believe it may have success.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...