“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.” - Tom Robbins

Yesterday the following message hit my inbox...

Photobucket


Now, don't get me wrong, had I been in New York yesterday I would have gone to view the discount carnage...and...possibly...maybe...bought something...BUT...an email like this does tend to make me wonder how designer brands hope to regain their original pricing structure once the economy recovers? After all, once you know how low they can (and will) go why would you pay the (normal) exorbitant prices? It's like catching a glimpse behind the scenes of a magic show then still being amazed when the woman gets sawed in half...you've seen the hidden strings and mirrors...the emperor's new clothes don't exist...and even if they did, how much would they cost?

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    8:27 PM
    If they make things that are beautiful and desirable and limited enough, people will pay full price.
  • Elizabeth said...
    12:36 AM
    I've been wondering about this myself for the last few days.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...