Stingray! Stingray!


I admit the link is tenuous...yet another of the Anderson's supermarionation classics and a cartilaginous marine fish (thank you Wikipedia)...but having recently come across two very desirable accessories made from stingray (the fish, not dismembered doll parts) I felt some kind of fanfare was in order...and what better than a rousing chorus of "Stingray! Stingray!"?

Both the cuffs and the bag are by Made Her Think...a New York based jeweler that I mentioned previously when I snagged her golden winged bolo necklace...and exude the whole ladylike punk aesthetic that I am so fond of. Sadly the bag is out of my price range (for the moment, at least)...a cuff, on the other hand, is a definite possibility...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • S. said...
    1:08 PM
    I LOVE stingray and I am still kicking myself to this day that i did not buy a pair of APC stingray sandals.. did I mention I love stingray?
  • Hebden said...
    1:40 PM
    I wanted the same sandals!

    But APC's shoe pricing always makes me wince (I'm cheap when it comes to footwear)...then I found some faux-stingray at UO (http://styleawip.blogspot.com/2007/04/double-take.html)
    and I felt better (though I would have adored the APCs).
  • WendyB said...
    1:54 PM
    Stingray is gorgeous. Love it.
  • Elizabeth said...
    5:23 PM
    Stingray is so wild-looking! The cuffs are cool, and they seem like you.
  • Jill said...
    9:52 AM
    I love shagreen. I did a post recently about it. Love the bag!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...