A cautionary tale...

A few days ago I saw Made Her Think's stud jewelry on Style Bubble and went to their website to see what else they had. While I was browsing I came across this winged bolo necklace. Now, I've been looking for a gold necklace for a while now and thought this might work in a Jalouse magazine kind of way if I paired it with a grey t-shirt or plaid button-down shirt. All well and good so far.

I then made the mistake of showing a picture of the necklace to Mr. Heb, at which point he looked at me and said, "It's kind of...tacky, isn't it? The sort of thing a pimp would give to his ho".

Now, if I'd already bought the necklace and had it in my hot little hands I'd take that kind of comment with a pinch of salt. But for some reason, as the remark was made pre-purchase, it's hanging over me like some ghastly harbinger of doom. Sad and pathetic though it may be the necklace is tainted and I can't bring myself to buy it.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    6:16 PM
    Buy it. People can not invision the complete outfit or the creative ideas in your head. I would love to see it with a button down plaid. It could take a totally funky edge. Always go with your gut instincts. Thank you, you are one of my fav blogs.
  • Hebden said...
    6:26 AM
    Thank you for your good advice (and the compliment on the blog). I hate the bout of indecisiveness that this has triggered...
  • Anonymous said...
    11:51 AM
    I don't think it's tacky at all. A stylish person can pull anything off since it's the 'whole' look that counts...even a deliberate faux pas detail can look fabulous on the right person so go with what you like =)
  • 5:34 AM
    Agree with Jane...I'd buy it (and I'm no ho)
  • The Spicers said...
    2:35 PM
    Tacky in a good way!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...