Sir, I challenge you to a duel!

It's been a while since I've given myself a "fashion challenge"...mainly because I find it hard enough in the summer just existing without any added factors. Be that as it may, I decided to try a 3-day f.c. and, as I've been admiring women on The Sartorialist, and other sites, looking calm, cool, and collected in muted shades the challenge was this...three days...predominantly black and grey outfits...a completely different feel to each day's outfit.

The results? I was a little nervous that it might look like I was wearing a uniform ("Shades of the prison-house begin to close Upon the growing Boy" and all that jazz). Thankfully I didn't have that sensation and an added bonus was that I felt much more pulled together than I usually do. Another upside was that I unearthed the Margaret Howell pants...part of a suit that had got thrust to the back of the closet (suits, to me, are for interview purposes only)...but, on their own, a useful pair of lightweight summer trousers...score!



Day 1: Bubble dress with bow detail - COS, t-shirt - Gap, jacket - Martin Margiela, perforated flats - Jones the Bootmaker

Day 2: Linen shirt - Uniqlo, oversized wooden necklace - Nathalie Costes, suit pants - Margaret Howell, gladiator sandals - Tod's

Day 3: Dress with lace bands on skirt - Barneys own label, glitter flats - Me Too

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...