An apple a day keeps the doctor away

Part of me looks at Hermes' lambskin apple holder and thinks, "wow, look at that incredible craftsmanship"...then the rest of me wonders why that level of workmanship was used to create a container for an apple...

Certainly the most luxurious way to keep the doctor away (if you believe the adage)...lined in stainless palladium...with a horn-handled knife tucked away in the strap...I just can't imagine who could love apples enough to think of this as a necessity...or even a justifiable extravagance.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    8:46 AM
    I'm thinking a set of keys, some cash and a travelcard can be stowed in there....
  • WendyB said...
    9:59 AM
    Funny! An insurance company employee can carry one....they don't like to pay for doctors' visits, so maybe they'll be handing out apples with policies from now on.
  • Elizabeth said...
    1:46 PM
    I'm with Susie, it'd be a great purse. If my doctor handed out an apple with my policy, I'd expect it to be in this container.
  • The Spicers said...
    1:55 PM
    I'd send my kindergartner to school with it (minus the knife). Her apples are always getting bruised.
  • 6:21 PM
    I kind of love it cos it's so bloody crazy! I'm thinking the same as Miss Bubble...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...