Truth in advertising?

As I waded through the pile of e-mails in my Inbox...and regretted the impetuous way that I sign up for the store alerts which made up a good percentage of my mail...I came across the following from J Crew...

You will notice the suggestion that this is "their best-fitting pant – ever"...you will also notice the area indicated by the arrow, where the front of the trousers appear to be jutting out from the model’s body...

Apart from causing me to wonder why they chose this specific image to illustrate their point I find myself coming away with a sense of relief...how can I possibly continue to feel bad about my inability to find cute trousers that fit correctly when faced with this?
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    11:12 PM
    Oh dear!
  • Elizabeth said...
    11:17 AM
    J.Crew pants never fit me right—one reason I didn't cave and by the cherry blossom print version of these. They just fit funnily. If that's a word.
  • The Spicers said...
    3:29 PM
    It always makes me think "best fitting pants ever for whom?" Is there such a thing as a universally perfect-fitting pant? Or was that a book, something about the traveling pants?
  • Da Fashionista said...
    2:56 PM
    ugh!!!

    i swear by theory pants. so flattering. i get them resale so they aren't such a dent in the wallet but even at $200ish retail they are a great investment for the illusion of a great ass and flat stomach ;)
  • Jennifer said...
    11:18 PM
    I've got the glut of store emails in my inbox too. And good work spotting that poochy pouch in the J. Crew email! Maybe this is why I gravitate to tops, dresses, and skirts stores and avoid pants like the plague...
    Not to mention that so many pants are cut for skinny little teens whose hips are as small as their waists, so the rest of us get that big gap at the back of the waistband. If you're in the NYC area, I think Clothingline is having a Theory sample sale later this month. You can find info at clothingline.com, if you're interested. Happy shopping!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...