Regrets, I've had a few...

Today I'm going to do something that I think I may have done a total of three times in my entire life...I'm returning an item of clothing which I purchased last week. Now, I know that people return virtually everything nowadays and that I may be the only person on the planet who considers this a big deal but I've always felt that, as the consumer, I had an obligation to keep my part of the deal. If something was damaged, I'd return it...if I simply changed my mind, I was stuck with it and would hopefully learn my lesson. Until, that is, I met my nemesis...in the shape of a seventies-esque, yellow and brown, pinafore-ish dress from H&M. Why I bought it, I have no clue...I have a vague idea I was thinking ironic...but I ended up with ugly...terribly, terribly, ugly.

I'm mad at myself...but less mad than I'd be if I tried to bury it in the back of the closet...and attempted to banish it from my subconscious...and so, return #4 will take place a little later today.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • AM said...
    8:38 AM
    I'm the same way. I always feel guilty returning things so I rarely do it. Because of this, I have grown to become such a careful shopper that I take way too much time in the store making sure I really like something before I buy it. Good luck!
  • Elizabeth said...
    7:15 PM
    I'm always a fan of returning "mistakes." It gives some other person a chance to find their dream dress. One man's trash, and all that carryon.
  • Hebden said...
    6:10 AM
    Thanks am, glad to know I'm not alone as a "non-returner".

    enc - you may be right, though with this particular dress...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...