“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.” - Robert Louis Stevenson

It appears that there's a good chance that some travel is in my future so I've been on the lookout for some images of well-dressed travelers...i.e. no sweats but nothing so overly "coiffed" that the person was probably regretting their outfit selection five minutes into the flight.

Though I haven't, to date, found an abundance of pictures that evoked a feeling of contented traveling I did come across these images of Vanessa Traina...Danielle Steele's daughter who, you may recall, styled the holiday video for the Olsen sister’s clothing line, The Row...at Los Angeles airport last December.

Admittedly, the scarf and army jacket aren’t a million miles away from my current travel wardrobe...rather the whole is a bit more polished...albeit in a rough-and-tumble way...than my regular trip-wear…and I happily add this to my inspiration folder. Well, all except the crippling Balenciaga shoe/boots...I admire her for being able to wear them...but realize that, for me, ballet flats or Converse would be the only option...even in First Class.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    4:15 PM
    That is a cool travel look. What do you want to bet those boots come off the minute she gets into her seat, and slippers come out of her bag?
  • Anonymous said...
    7:23 PM
    cruel irony - the boots are what really elevate this outfit.
  • MARIA H said...
    10:43 PM
    Agree, the only element that seems out of teh ordinary are the boots and of course, the model.
  • S. said...
    1:48 PM
    Ahh.. Vanessa Traina..my style icon.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...