"I've liked lots of people 'til I went on a picnic jaunt with them." - Bess Truman

I can't think what people must have done to the former first lady during picnics to elicit such a response...perhaps they hogged the blanket and made her sit on the wet grass...

With the weather getting warmer I do find myself irresistibly drawn towards the idea of picnics...huge, lavish, 1930's-style, 'bring everything including, the kitchen sink' type picnics...horribly impractical I know, but does everything have to be disposable and plastic? A wicker picnic basket is so much more fun to tote everything around in...especially if you got some of these turtle-embossed, stainless steel dishes to put in it. Lavish...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • The Style Page said...
    12:46 PM
    Hi, found you through my BlogRush widget.

    I love the turtles. I collect turtle figurines as turtles represent long life. Also there are myths about the turtle supporting the world on its shell.
  • Elizabeth said...
    2:06 AM
    What a lovely picnic set. I never picnic anymore. Last one was in Hyde Park, summer of '03. Boy, did I eat a lot of Camembert.
  • 10:17 AM
    This won't truly have success, I think this way.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...