Arsenic and old lace

Depending on your point of view, Aurélie Bidermann's golden lace cuff is either...

a) an homage to Queen Elizabeth I...because, if ever there was a woman who loved a lace ruff, it was Good Queen Bess.

b) a golden tribute to those homeowners who protect their tabletops and headrests with lace doilies...one of those ideas which is good in theory but quickly becomes disturbing...especially in the apartment of a single male.

And I'm also hoping it's c) something that (armed with a lace doily, gold paint, and some kind of stiffening agent) I could re-create.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    11:54 AM
    I love that - and you're right, good ol' Miss E the first would definitely have rocked a gold lace cuff.

    You might find one on etsy?
  • WendyB said...
    2:02 PM
    Pretty!
  • Elizabeth said...
    11:10 PM
    Oh, just give up and buy an electro-plater! ;)

    I love this.
  • Hebden said...
    8:08 AM
    amy - thanks for the suggestion

    enc - I can just see me explaining the purchase of an electro-plater to Mr. Heb...
  • S. said...
    2:27 AM
    ohhh... it's so pretty!!!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...