“Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst” - Frederick Buechner

Today's musing on the question of "what is sexy?" was prompted by the cover of the May issue of Paris Vogue. In fact, so overwhelming was the impact of Julianne Moore's crotch that it completely made me forget my usual complaint regarding fashion magazines putting actresses on their covers instead of models.

This isn't an age issue...at 48 Moore looks better than many women half her age...and, anyway, I truly believe that allure is not related to age...but I find this pose very off-putting. But maybe it's just me, what do you think? Do you look at this and see "strong and sexy"...or "high-fashion men's magazine"?

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 9 comments:

  • ~Tessa~Scoffs said...
    6:29 AM
    I agree with you completely. Her pose is off-putting. Turn her to the side and cross her legs and I think the message would still be "powerful woman" but also "intriguing woman."
  • Genuine Lustre said...
    7:13 AM
    She does look great, but we could have done without the crotch shot.
  • MARIA H said...
    7:13 AM
    sexy, sex...it seems all so blurred at the moment, specially with some of these so called fotographers. Maybe Carine is into the obvious now days...
  • WendyB said...
    7:22 AM
    I love this picture. It's tough-sexy and a powerful image.
  • Elizabeth said...
    9:58 AM
    I think I'd have been happier if they'd alluded to her crotch. I may be a bit of a prude on this one.
  • Anonymous said...
    10:54 AM
    It's a bit wrong and weird... but I think that was deliberate... an obvious bit of work...
  • Anonymous said...
    7:05 PM
    i like it. with covers, i tend to care more about the who than the how.
  • K.Line said...
    8:27 PM
    I actually love it. I think it's really brazen and I love the undies. The push of her heel into her leg is oddly "real" - something they haven't photoshopped the hell out of.
  • The Spicers said...
    11:30 AM
    She's amazing-looking and a great actress, and I don't find this shot vulgar. Maybe a bit obvious...but I like it.
    And certainly an improvement over the hideously airbrushed Gwyneth cover on this month's U.S. Vogue!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...