“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” - H. G. Wells

Now that it's warm enough...well, almost...to start using my bicycle on a regular basis I find myself on the lookout for "cycling accessories". Not the lycra-induced nightmares that that term implies...rather bells...and horns...and miscellaneous storage containers that I can add to my bike.

A couple of years ago I fell for a traditional wicker bicycle basket...only to discover that the cons (1. the fact that the basket rests on the handlebars and can therefore be dislodged by the combination of speed and uneven road surfaces, and 2. the fact that riding around town with your bag or any other kind of valuable placed in an open basket is an invitation to every thief in town) far outweighed the pros (brief spells of looking like a vintage postcard come to life).

Which is why I'm casting covetous glances at this handle bar bag...which manages to be both cute and secure...and simultaneously measuring it up as a potential DIY project (to add to my ever-growing list).
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...