Hang the DJ...or the handbag designer?

As someone who doesn't really like slogan t-shirts (apart from vintage Katherine Hamnett ones) I admit that I might be slightly biased...there again, I might be biased because I'm a fan of The Smiths... Perhaps it's best to say that I realize that I'm biased but...what in the name of hell was Pauric Sweeney thinking when he created the bags below? Browns website describes them as "bright roomy shopper(s) with attitude"...personally I think they're an abomination...plagiarism run amok.

Why a designer who usually makes such beautiful bags would succumb to a gimmick like this I have no idea. And it's not just The Smiths either...Prince's Sign o' the Times ("Let's fall in love, get married, have a baby...We'll call him Nate, if it's a boy") is lasered into leather (at £575 a pop) as well. Really...is nothing sacred?

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    7:01 PM
    Ridiculous. There are better ways to show that you're a fan of The Smiths. Or Prince, for that matter. For 575 pounds, Morrissey should come with the bag.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...