“You have to earn your stripes here. So far, I've got half a stripe.” - Tim Campbell

Amongst the remaining items on my summer wish list is a striped dress...vague, I know...but I really don't have any preconceived ideas about the shape, just the pattern. I'm in no hurry...I've been lucky enough to check several items off my list and, even though the temperatures are rising, summer's still quite a way off. Having said that, if it weren't for a couple of inescapable "issues" I'd have found a definite contender with this stripey little number from Future Classics.

Issue #1 is...the price. I can't get over the mental block that $520 is too much for what is, essentially, a t-shirt dress.

Issue #2...not knowing whether I'm coming or going. The cascade of fabric...one of the things that essentially draws me to this dress...is actually on the back. Now normally that wouldn't be a problem...I have several items that I wear back-to-front on occasion...however, they're not t-shirt dresses (which bag in the...um..."seat"). Whichever way you decide to wear this dress, you're basically stuck with it...and it's probably a mental block on my part by I can't rationalize spending my pennies on a dress that I'm always going to wear backwards.

...as I write this I realize that issue #1 is the over-riding factor...if the dress was cheaper I wouldn't care if I wore it back-to-front or upside down. So it's back to the drawing board...with an amended summer wish list that reads "relatively inexpensive striped dress".

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    9:48 AM
    Too bad this dress is fraught. I bet you'll find a better one, though.
  • site said...
    9:22 AM
    Wow, there is really much useful info here!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...