“Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation ... even so does inaction sap the vigour of the mind.” - Leonardo da Vinci

I'd like to thank the Times' website for momentarily making my day as I read the words "Fashionable Creasing...Throw away your iron! The new look is slightly crumpled". As a confirmed non-ironer...to the point where an ex-boss once gave me an iron for Christmas (not the most subtle of gifts, it was like giving a case of deodorant to someone with odor issues)...I felt like this was the moment I'd been waiting for.

I sat and daydreamed and imagined a day when I...and my equally disheveled breathern...would be able to walk the streets without fear of mockery or reprisal. Not thought of as slobs who were too lazy to remove the creases from their clothes...but as pioneers in a rumpled revolution. Then I clicked through to the slide show and found...barely a wrinkle...the sartorial equivalent of a shot of Botox and a few rounds of microdermabrasion.

Perhaps the "slightly crumpled" of the introduction was purely iron(y)...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • camobel said...
    4:43 AM
    I found a lot of worthwhile info here!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...