“If you become a nuisance ... they're not going to like you.” - Scott Adams

I've suddenly remembered why it took me a while to start ordering items online. My package arrived from LaGarconne and there...nestling in the black tissue paper...I found...

Well, certainly not the pants I ordered. I held them up...they looked...short. I tried them on...they looked...ridiculous. I'd been sent...a pair of greased bermuda shorts.

Now, the last time I wore bermuda shorts I was about twelve...and I still bear the emotional scars. And I say this as someone with height on their side...this style does after all, according to most magazines, "work" on people with a fair bit of leg. "Liars!", I say. In the glimpse I caught of myself before I hastily took them off I resembled the little Dutch boy who stuck his finger in the dam (post water damage and with shrunken trews).

Now I have to go through the whole rigamarole of returning them and waiting for the pants I ordered to be shipped to me...thus turning this into a "nuisance" as I dislike returning things and usually put a lot of thought into the pre-purchase process so that I don't have to.

On a more positive note...I do like the fabric...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    7:21 PM
    you'd call that length "bermuda"?
    my favorite summer pants/shorts are that length...
  • Hebden said...
    8:56 PM
    Not I...that's what Chalayan calls them. And they're actually not even that long on me...
  • Anonymous said...
    4:44 AM
    They do look more like cropped trousers than bermudas....the fabric DOES look interesting though
  • Jennifer said...
    3:26 PM
    cropped trousers - perfect. i never know what to call my pair of short pants/long shorts.
  • site said...
    9:02 AM
    This is all erroneous what you're writing.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...