“Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages.” - Terry Pratchett

Up until last week I didn’t believe in fairy godmothers (they were on the list with Santa Claus, leprechauns, and the tooth fairy)...then I received an email from the lovely Danielle over at Solestruck.com letting me know that I could select any pair of shoes from their website and they would send them to me...for free (which certainly beats the 50p that the alleged tooth fairy used to leave under my pillow).

After a good amount of to-ing and fro-ing I decided on a pair of flats from Camper...Mr. Heb having sensibly (and therefore rather irritatingly) pointed out that as I have one pair of Hunter Wellingtons I don’t need another...even if they had laces. Unfortunately the pair that I’d requested weren’t available in my size (under the heady influence of free footwear I’d neglected to check such small details) but Danielle suggested an almost identical pair that were actually more expensive (something that I, rather cynically, expect to happen when I’m handing over my hard-earned cash but an occurrence that I wouldn’t anticipate with a freebie).

Yesterday my Gentle Souls arrived...just in case anyone is concerned that I'm turning new age-y I should explain that G.S. is the brand name...and, with their deerskin lining and flaxseed memory pillows, I'm hoping that these will be the "comfortable yet cute" shoes that will see me through all the walking that I plan on doing this summer.

And, who knows...after this I may even regain my faith in Santa...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...