Bells on her fingers and bells on her toes, she shall have ruffles wherever she goes...

As you know, I've been looking for ways recently to add a little color into my life...to liven up the sea of grey and black in my closet...and add a little bloom to the gloom. So I really liked the idea of Candace Ang's silk ruffle bib necklaces and the slashes of ruffly color they would add to any outfit. Loved the idea, hated the price (yes, even though my last post may have indicated otherwise, I do have a few frugal bones in my body).

And so, another jewelry-based craft project was in the works. One length of neon-ish pink silk ribbon...a thin strip of leather for the strap...some red thread...et voila! A little more ruffled than the original and on an adjustable strap as opposed to a chain (which I've discovered also means that my necklace can be worn as a headband...a sort of mis-directed mohawk, if you will).

The other benefit...as everything that I used was languishing in my sewing box I saved myself $185...is that a virtuous glow I feel?
Photobucket
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    4:59 PM
    Nice work!
  • Jennifer said...
    6:59 PM
    hot damn, and i'm not just saying this 'cause i like ya - i like your version so much better! love the extra ruffle, totally totally prefer it on a leather strip than the chain (with the chain it's very...80s). great great fab!
  • Eli said...
    8:52 PM
    having just read Wendy's post about why jewelry is so expensive as it is, there is also a fine line with overcharging for things that shouldnt be. And that kind of necklace really shouldnt be that expensive.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:11 PM
    I really like that; it's a good slice of whimsy with a sober black shirt. The color looks really nice with your hair, too.
  • 9:57 AM
    Quite worthwhile piece of writing, thanks for the article.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...