“Why don't you get out of that wet coat and into a dry martini?” - Robert Benchley

Fresh on the heels of Emma Cook's delicate dresses...and my bemoaning of the lack of coats on a winter runway (I know, I'm such a Practical Paula)...along comes Aquascutum and a positive embarrassment of riches coat-wise. Of course, could you really expect anything less from a company with 155 years of coats, raincoats, and trenches under its waterproof belt?

The end result of their cornucopia of coats? Three cover-ups for me to covet...

The over-sized black number with a jazzy trim on the collar...practical, roomy enough to wear over winter sweaters, yet not "just another black coat".

The puff-sleeved, shawl-collared trench...admittedly not quite as practical...

The 50's color-blocked beauty, my favorite of the three...provided I could find some elbow-length woolen gloves.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And three more that fall under the "runners up" category...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    11:33 AM
    What's the print on that last one?
  • Elizabeth said...
    6:57 PM
    All of those verge on being dresses . . . they're so beautiful! I love that brand.
  • Hebden said...
    7:40 PM
    wendyb - to be honest, I'm not sure...I tried enlarging the image I had but it got very blurry...it looked like an old black and white photograph, a line of people walking towards (or waiting in line in front of) a cathedral or similar building...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...