Trophy wife?

If you’re a Bambi fan, turn away now. If, on the other hand, you’re okay with taxidermy...and what, I suppose, could be termed an homage to the same...keep on reading, because this silver mounted deer’s head necklace could be right up your street (or woodland path as it were).

Depending on what you mentally associate mounted heads with this necklace is either very "rich red-neck" or "stately home/shooting lodge"...or, in my case, a throwback to the Victorian taxidermy of Roland Ward (what can I say, I had a strange childhood).
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    4:55 PM
    Ooh, I'm fascinated by Victorian taxidermy!
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:17 PM
    I can like this without freaking out about the taxidermy angle.

    I used to have a t-shirt that read:

    "Mountain Taxidermy:
    We'll Mount Your Trophy,
    Or
    You Can Stuff It."

    groan.
  • 1:16 AM
    The writer is totally fair, and there's no doubt.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...