If it's good enough for Aldous Huxley...

“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting”

I came across this streetstyle image from London Fashion week on Elle's website and it took my fancy. If it was me, I'd lose the aubergine scarfigan (cardigan worn as scarf) but I love everything else, mostly the idea of all these conflicting elements working so well together...the mix of brights and muted tones...the billowy dress and duster coat versus the tightly strapped shoes...the modern (the geometric pattern of the dress and futuristic shoes) and the rustic (the duster coat that looks vaguely like a farmer's smock and the earthy leather bag).

Perhaps that's what the magnifying glass is for...to search for juxtapositions.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    11:51 AM
    The joy of juxtaposition. Far too complicated an uncomplicated look for me to put together, but she looks great.
  • Bobble Bee said...
    3:14 PM
    WOW i LOVE this look. It's funny as before reading the post i thought she was JLO! I was thinking, who she has now for stylist?? I LOOOVE HER!!
  • 6:30 AM
    In my opinion everybody should browse on this.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...