Getting waisted...

Another piece of clothing that follows my all-encompasing fashion doctrine of "dressy, yet casual"...this high-waisted skirt from Acne jeans. Essentially a "sexy secretary" pencil skirt but, with the additional of the utilitarian belt and prison cook's apron pockets, it becomes transformed into something a little bit cooler and more eccentric. It also changes it from an office-skirt-that-you-could-possibly-wear-somewhere-else to an interesting-skirt-that-you're-lucky-enough-to-be-able-to-wear-to-work.

I know that there'll probably be some cries of "unflattering" in relation to this. I used to think that myself but now I'm a high-waisted skirt addict...more so if it has a paperbag waist, as that allows me to do either the high-waist look or the low-slung on the hips look. Which, if you think about it, is very thrifty of me...two looks for the price of one...ah, rationalisation, how I adore thee...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    12:26 PM
    Very nice!
  • Elizabeth said...
    5:33 PM
    It's a nice skirt, and it's easy to see why you'd want it. Plus, the color is really good.
  • erica said...
    6:31 PM
    i have a similar paperbag waist skirt from acne jeans (tie-waist rather than belt), and i love it. very easy to wear
  • site said...
    10:27 AM
    Oh my god, there's so much helpful info here!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...