The Flirt

Oh Nordstrom, you big tease...why send me your February magazine...with these enticingly mod Chanel sunglasses...only to tell me, in very small print I might add, "not available online...selected stores only"?

You were thinking of me, weren't you? Making things difficult so that I would come to my senses and realize that I should look for something similar in thrift stores or hipster hangouts rather than unleashing my credit card to the tune of $325.

Oh Nordie, you do love me...you big flirt...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 7 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    2:10 PM
    If you have no luck, I'll do down to my nearest Nordie's for you and see if they're carrying it.
  • Hebden said...
    3:25 PM
    I really appreciate the offer but (for the time being at least) I am trying to be good (in regard to these glasses at least).
  • Anonymous said...
    5:20 PM
    The sunglasses are nice, but I'm loath to spend so much on something I'll most likely sit on and break.

    Now shoes on the other hand. . .
  • Jennifer said...
    7:36 PM
    sunglasses last me a long time - i've had one pair that up until recently i wore regularly, and i got them 9.5 years ago.
    and i think chanel does some great designs in glasses (keep hoping for that impaired vision one of these days), but i do recall an article in the nytimes (i think it was there, otherwise the wsj) about how people buy a piece of the brand image/dream by spending major money on the cheapest thing the company makes (sunglasses was pretty much at the top of the list), and that companies know this and exploit it (duh) and i take some care each day not to be exploited, so i'm not sure where that puts chanel glasses on my list of yeses and nos...just thinking out loud. :)
  • Hebden said...
    8:12 PM
    editor - internal monologue written down is always welcome...and helpful.

    I completely agree that these are marked up beyond belief. The annoying thing is, I don't even want these because they're "Chanel"...okay, maybe 10% of me does...but the majority of me just likes the design...
  • Jennifer said...
    1:42 PM
    yes, i agree, chanel has legitimately good design in glasses.
  • 4:08 AM
    Thanks for your post, quite worthwhile material.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...