One pill makes you bigger...and one pill makes you small...

I think I've mentioned this before but I am the Imelda Marcos of sweaters. Something that I rationalize by the fact that I grew up in a dank and dreary corner of Scotland that necessitated the wearing of sweaters for approximately 11.5 months of the year...and the habit stuck with me. So now I have an entire herd of sheep's worth of woolies...an ongoing battle with the demon moth...and a nasty habit of picking myself like a Rhesus Monkey (in private, of course) to remove the pills that have collected on whichever sweater I'm wearing that day.

Hence my excitement when I came across this Sweater Stone. I've never trusted the electric pill pickers...the thought of it running amok was just too traumatizing...but a little hand-buffing could be very therapeutic.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    2:34 PM
    Good to know about in case I have any more bad J. Crew sweater pilling experiences.
  • Anonymous said...
    4:16 PM
    Anyone know if these things actually work?
  • Elizabeth said...
    8:33 PM
    ^^Oh no, Miss W, prepare for pilling if you have J.Crew cashmere!

    Those little pumice thingies are great, and they don't grind the fiber down to a mere wisp, like the electric sweater shavers do! I shaved a sweater bald once, in my over-zealousness.
  • Anonymous said...
    9:05 PM
    I've had one of these from Restoration Hardware for ages. It works really well, but keep your handheld vacuum nearby as the pumice tends to crumble a bit as you use it. Mine also gives off a slight rotten-eggy odor when you use it...a small price to pay for fuzz-free knits.

    Unfortunately I've found that no matter how much I pay for a knit it will pill, especially where my arms rub against the sides of my torso. And although the sweater stones make quick work of depilling, the pills will come back eventually!
  • site said...
    6:39 AM
    Quite effective info, lots of thanks for the article.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...